Thursday, March 7, 2013

Post 3

When project number one was introduced, I was excited to start working on the InDesign program. I had very little experience working with this type of program. In my public relations writing course last semester, one of the last assignments we did was making a brochure on InDesign. At first, I found it very confusing and frustrating to use. Luckily, my professor wasn't expecting professional designs from us. I got a feel for the program and was interested in learning more.

My first thought about the initials project was, "How will I incorporate words along with my initials?" I had brainstormed a few ideas, but had nothing set in my mind. When we got the collage assignment on the class blog to do over the weekend, I created a design based on love. I love love, so I figured why not find a bunch of words that I love, and form a heart around my initials.


It was then in class when I presented that collage to Professor Greenan, that she suggested basing my initials project on the collage I did. At first I was a little iffy about the idea, but as I began playing around with things that I love and my initials, I found that this was the best way to describe myself. It took a few tries of choosing the right font and colors, but when I came across my final project I said, "That's it! That's me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment