Thursday, April 4, 2013

Post 6

When we were first shown all the different pieces of information needed to begin working on project number two, I felt a bit over whelmed. There was so much to read on magazine layouts, grids, and much more, that I wasn't exactly sure where to begin. I am not going to lie, at the start of this project, I didn't read the article text. This made for an extremely uncomfortable feeling when I began to design the layout. After realizing that it was a bit challenging to create a design for something that I don't even know what its about, I went back and read the article. I actually found the article, The Psychology Of Color In Design, very interesting. Not only did I learn about what different colors stand for or what they mean in this world, I found it useful for this class, and my future career in the communication field.

After I had an understanding of the article, I found it much easier to create a design that would be useful for this magazine spread. I found an image of different colors changing from one to another. There was no object or image in the picture itself, it was just color. I then realized it would be cool to have this image as the background of the entire article, opposed to just a rectangular picture box in a random spot in my spread. I played around with the transparency of the background, to find the brightest possible way I could leave it, without making the words difficult to read when printed.

There was one other picture that I found while searching the web for colorful photos. Here it is
I wanted to use this picture in my magazine spread somewhere because I felt as if it shows all the different colors the article was talking about, and it spreads them out in a way that is visually appealing to the eye. Because the image is sort of "cut off" on the bottom, I tried putting it in the bottom right corner of the page. I found that it just didn't fit in with the rest of my layout, so I ended up taking it out and leaving the rest as is.

I am confident in my design, but I am interested in seeing what the rest of the class has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment