Monday, April 29, 2013

Post 8

I'd like to take this time to blog about some of my frustrations in this class. As much as I enjoy working in this class and coming up with my own designs, I sometimes get rather frustrated while working in the programs I've never used before. The biggest issue I have is some of the exercises, more especially, the Photoshop ones. I have never used the Photoshop program before I started taking this class, so this is all still very new to me. When we are shown the exercise for the first time, I usually start out trying to follow along with the professor. As the exercise goes past the first few steps, I find myself stuck ten steps back past where the rest of the class is. This sometimes gets discouraging for me because I feel like the rest of the class can do something that I cannot.

I understand that there is a professor that helps us for a reason, but when you're one of the only ones in class who constantly needs help with completing the exercises, you shy away from asking all the time. I also feel like how can I be the only one who is lost? I wonder if I am the only one who feels this way. I don't understand how everyone else can be photoshop and indesign professionals. Maybe it would be helpful for the whole class if the exercises were explained slowly, in a manner that would be easier for the class to follow along.

Its also difficult to master the use of these programs because the only time I have access to them is during the two hour time frame we have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is really hard to get used to new programs in such a short amount of time. Although I have been having some issues with the exercises, I really enjoy the projects where we get to use our own creative ability to come up with designs. Even if its only using a few tricks we've learned, I can still make a pretty cool looking design!

No comments:

Post a Comment