Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Post 14

After learning how to use photoshop in class, I realized how many things are probably done with Photoshop that many people don't notice. For example, we all know many models are photo shopped for magazine spreads, etc. Before taking this class, I had no idea how to use photoshop at all. Now, I see how much can be done to a picture using this program. The exercise we did involving putting Emilia Airheart's face on someone else's body, really opened my eyes to this. It made me wonder if any of the recent pictures we've been showed involving the Boston bombings were photoshopped. I've always been interested in hearing about conspiracy theories, and my poetry class is always a place where people bring up crazy things. One day in class, my professor was talking about recent news he heard about the Boston bombings. He saw a video, regarding the backpack the alleged bomber was wearing. In one photo, the boy was wearing the backpack, and in another photo, there was no backpack! This could be easily done using photoshop. Now that I understand a little about how the program works, I wanted to do a search and see if I could tell if the backpack was photoshopped or not. I couldn't find this picture anywhere, but I did find something else interesting regarding that day. I found a bunch of copies of a photo of an injured woman. In some copies, the woman's leg was in tact, in other copies, the woman had a broken bone popping out of her leg.
Here you can see for yourself, this is the same exact image, just showing a different wound on the leg. Based on my knowledge of Photoshop, I believe that the image on the left was the one photoshopped. It is very simple to add something like that to any image, but I'll leave that for you to decide!

On a lighter note, I found some other funny photoshop fails, here they are


If you're gonna use photoshop to add muscles to yourself, don't forget to do both arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment