Thursday, May 16, 2013

Post 20

Being that this is my last blog post, and today will be our final critique, I thought this would be a good time to reflect on the semester over all. I started this class with absolutely zero background using indesign, illustrator, or photoshop. At first, I found these programs challenging, because of all the different things you can do on them were very new to me. Yes, I let myself get frustrated sometimes, but I have definitely seen an improvement in not only my work, but my ability to use these programs and try new things.

In the first project we did, the initials one, I found that I used very basic techniques on indesign. Infact, the only tools that I used was the rectangle tool, and text boxes. I found that as the semester progressed and I learned more and more techniques, my designs were coming out better and better. I now have confidence that I could use those programs to create practically anything. I've learned how to make a poster, magazine layout, brochure, or simply a creative design.

This course is definitely an important one that any communication major should take. You learn many skills that are going to be very helpful to know throughout our careers. I am happy with what I learned during this course, and I'm also quite impressed with my creations.

I should also add that in the beginning of the semester I thought blogging was going to be something I did not enjoy doing, but I must admit, 20 blogs in, it's a good way of taking everything we've learned and applying it to real life. I also enjoyed reading other people's blog posts, to see how they took in their com graphics experience as well.

I look forward to our last critique session today, and seeing everyones final brochures.

No comments:

Post a Comment