Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Post 19

So I'm sitting in the library... REALLY REALLY hungry. And all I can think about is food art. I have seen some of the most creatively designed foods. One of my favorite pieces of food art would have to be those deliciously beautiful Edible Arrangements. Not only does your fruit come in a perfectly arranged basket, but each piece of fruit is either perfectly dipped in chocolate, or put together with other fruits to make a new design. It's really incredible to see what these people can do with a basket and some fruit.
Now how amazing does that look? Don't you want to just bite into one of those pineapple flowers? I do!

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a serious sweet tooth. So maybe its just me who sees beauty in chocolate, but I truly believe I have seen some beautifully designed chocolates as well. On Valentine's Day last year, Russell and I went to this little chocolate shop on Elmwood, where they make their own chocolate on site. Not only do they make their own chocolate, but they make it into such beautiful artistic designs! They literally truffles in the shapes of different things. It was so cool! I really find it amazing when people can take something as simple as chocolate, and using the aspect of design, can turn it into something beautiful.

One of the main things I see as I scroll down my Instagram feed, are pictures of people's meals. Not only are companies turning their food into pieces of art, but everyday people that I follow on Instagram do too! Some people post the most amazing looking meals ever, so when I'm hungry, Instagram is not the place to be! One day I made the horrible mistake of searching #foodart. Oh my gosh, the number of amazing looking things that came up is unexplainable. Even when you search that in Google, the most beautiful delicious looking things come up. Here are a few of my favorites:





People usually say "don't play with your food" but I'm glad these people did!



No comments:

Post a Comment