Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Post 17

After seeing the final brochure I created, I have to say I am quite pleased. The non-profit organization that I made a summer day camp brochure for, I actually went to as a camper, and counselor, for a large portion of my life. I have seen a ton of brochures, flyers, and posters to say the least. I must admit, mine is something that I believe would incline a parent or child to find out more. I used many fun pictures that would make any kid want to go to camp. The only thing I can think of that I might want to have done differently, would be to use even less text. However, I don't believe that text is a bad thing on a brochure, because after all, the point is to inform people on this summer camp. And if you read the text, you're likely to want to enroll! The whole point is to get someone to want to read it, and I believe the inviting colors, fonts, and pictures do so.

Creating this brochure opened my eyes to many more opportunities. I really enjoyed doing this for an organization that means a lot to me. I actually spoke with an old friend from the Sam Field Y, who works in PR, doing the advertising mainly through social media. He told me about all of the things he does for the Y, and all the job opportunities that are available. I don't know if that is necessarily what I want to do, but it's refreshing to see that there are options out there. Besides, it would be pretty cool to work for a place I practically grew up at.

No comments:

Post a Comment